Updated date: January 30, 2023
Certain aspects of the Service may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which may include, among other things, particularized age requirements, codes of conduct, sweepstakes and contest rules, and payment or subscription terms (collectively, “Additional Terms”). When Additional Terms are made available in connection with any aspect of the Service, those Additional Terms also apply to your use of that aspect of the Service and control in the event of a conflict with these Terms.
Changes to these Terms
The Warner Service
The Service and Content are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, or other intellectual property rights that are owned by Warner or its licensors. Warner respects the intellectual property rights of others and asks that you do the same. Any unauthorized use of Content or any other aspect of the Service, or any portion thereof, will constitute a violation of copyright or other intellectual property rights, and Warner reserves the right to fully prosecute such violations and enforce its rights to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking both civil and criminal penalties. Violation of this Agreement in any manner automatically terminates the license granted to you herein and obligates you to cease all use of the Service and Content. Any authorization to copy material granted by Warner in any part of the Service for any reason is restricted to viewing a single copy for non-commercial, personal, entertainment use only, unless otherwise specified, and is subject to your keeping intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
Except as expressly provided herein, Warner does not grant you any other express or implied right or license in or to the Service or Content and all right, title, and interest that Warner has in the Service and Content are retained by Warner, including the right to modify, discontinue, or temporarily suspend any or all of the Service at any time, with or without notice.
No aspect of the Service constitutes legal, financial, medical, or other category of professional advice.
You may be required or permitted to create user accounts (each an “Account”) in order to access or use certain aspects of the Service. If you open an Account or otherwise access the Service on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity (a “Business User”), then you represent and warrant that you have the authority to also bind the Business User to these Terms, and hereby do so, and both you and the Business User will be responsible for any breach of this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that you have no ownership or other proprietary interest in any Account. You agree that all of the details you provide in connection with your Account are about yourself or an applicable Business User and not about another individual or entity (whether real or fictitious), and that such details will be maintained by you as correct, current, and complete.
Investigations, Suspensions, and Termination
You agree that Warner has the right, in our sole discretion, to investigate any actual or suspected violation of these Terms and to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse you access to your Account, the Service, or the Content (or any portion thereof) for any reason, including if Warner believes the information you provide is not correct, current, or complete, or that you have otherwise violated this Agreement or any applicable law. You agree that Warner may report your conduct, activity, or identity to law enforcement or other appropriate authorities, take appropriate legal action against you, respond to subpoenas or other requests for information regarding your Account or use of the Service, or otherwise take action to protect our rights and the rights of any third party. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU WAIVE ANY CLAIMS RESULTING, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY WARNER DURING OR AS A RESULT OF THESE INVESTIGATIONS.
You may not use anyone else’s Account at any time and you may not allow anyone else to use your Account at any time. You are responsible for all activity occurring under your Account, including all activities or transactions conducted through the use of your Account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account username and password, and agree not to disclose your username and password to anyone. You agree not to transfer, resell, or otherwise convey your Account or the right to use your Account to anyone. You agree that Warner will not be liable for any loss you may incur as a result of someone else using your Account, either with or without your knowledge. You also agree that any information you provide is offered at your own risk, and that Warner cannot guarantee its protection from unauthorized access. If you have reason to believe that your Account is no longer secure, you must: (i) promptly change your password; and (ii) immediately notify us of the problem through our Customer Service contact page or by sending an email to email@example.com. Warner may require you to change your Account username and password.
You are solely responsible for all charges from your wireless provider including any data and messaging fees that you may incur if you use mobile devices to interact with the Service or to receive communications from Warner.
Warner may make certain mobile software applications (“Apps”) available for download in connection with the Service. You may only use Apps on approved devices, for personal use. You are not permitted to modify, transfer, or distribute any Apps. Warner does not guarantee that the Apps will be compatible with your device. Warner may choose to make available updates, bug fixes, or other changes or enhancements to the Apps from time to time; such updates may be automatic, at your election, or mandatory if you wish to continue using the Apps, at Warner’s discretion. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Apps, or any other software provided as part of the Service, except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the software was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, neither the Apps, nor any other software, may be exported or re-exported into any U.S. embargoed countries or to any persons listed as prohibited under applicable law or regulation. If you download or use any software, you represent and warrant that you (i) are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
iTunes App Store
The additional terms in this Section 5.C apply only to your use of Apps downloaded through Apple Inc.’s (“Apple”) iTunes App Store (“iTunes Apps”). You agree that this Agreement is solely between you and Warner, not Apple, and that Apple is not responsible for iTunes Apps or their content. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or support services in connection with iTunes Apps. You will not involve Apple in any claims relating to your use of iTunes Apps, or in any third-party claims alleging infringement of intellectual property rights by the iTunes Apps. You agree to comply with all third-party agreements in connection with your use of iTunes Apps (for example, your wireless provider agreement). Finally, you agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of the Agreement solely for the purpose of enforcing the applicable Terms against you in connection with your use of iTunes Apps.
Certain aspects of the Service may require payments. If you use those aspects of the Service, you agree to the applicable pricing and payment terms. Such terms will be displayed in connection with that aspect of the Service requiring payment. Warner may update pricing and payment terms at any time and in its sole discretion, with any changes to subscription fees taking effect upon the conclusion of your current subscription term unless otherwise specified. The transaction is with the specific Warner entity identified by the aspect of the Service used to make the purchase.
All payment transactions are administered by a third-party payment processor or third-party store (for example, Google Play). Warner expressly disclaims any liability for the processing of any transactions by a third party, including any errors in invoicing or payment processing or any breach in security with respect to your payment information associated with the third-party’s handling of the transaction. Warner is not responsible or liable to you for any credit card, bank-related, or other financial service charges and fees related to your transactions. You represent and warrant that all payment information you provide is correct, current, and complete. You agree to pay all applicable charges (including any applicable taxes) billed to your chosen payment method. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel transactions, including due to pricing or other typographical errors.
All purchases are final and no refunds are available unless otherwise specified in applicable Additional Terms, including where your account is terminated or suspended preventing your access to paid aspects of the Service, such as any remaining subscription terms. Subscriptions have no monetary value and are purchases of only a limited, personal, non-transferrable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-assignable, and fully revocable license to access the applicable portion of the Service. Unless otherwise specified (at initial sign-up or subsequently), subscriptions may renew automatically for up to the initial subscription term at a rate not exceeding the rate for the prior subscription period. If you sign up for a free trial subscription (if available), you will be automatically billed at the then-current rate at the conclusion of the free trial. You may cancel any automatically renewing subscription by using that aspect of the Service you used to set up your subscription, unless another cancellation method is specified in applicable Additional Terms.
The name and contact information of the service provider is set forth herein in conformance with Cal. Civ. Code § 1789.3. If you are a California resident, you may report any complaints to the Consumer Information Division of the California Department of Consumer Affairs at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
The Service may feature fictional credits, items, rewards, points, currency, or the like (collectively, “Virtual Items”). The Virtual Items may be used exclusively within the Service. You receive only a limited, personal, non-transferrable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-assignable, and fully revocable license to use the Virtual Items in connection with the Service and as governed by these Terms. You have no right, title, interest, or ownership in or to any Virtual Items. Virtual Items have no monetary value and are not redeemable for any sum of money. You will receive no compensation for any Virtual Items that are deleted, modified, or to which you lose access if your Account is terminated, suspended, or otherwise limited. Warner has the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify, or eliminate Virtual Items as we see fit in our sole discretion, and Warner will have no liability to you or anyone else for the exercise of such rights. For example, Virtual Items may be immediately lost, deleted from your Account, or otherwise forfeited if your Account is terminated or closed for any reason or when Warner discontinues, modifies, or updates an applicable aspect of the Service (for example, discontinuing a game featuring Virtual Items).
All purchases of licenses to Virtual Items are final and governed by the terms of Section 6 (Paid Services); by indicating your desire to purchase a license to any Virtual Items through the Service, including by clicking or tapping the relevant purchase button, you confirm that you want said items credited to your Account and in so doing you lose any cancellation rights you may have under applicable laws.
Any unauthorized transferring, trading, selling or exchanging of any Virtual Items to anyone, including other users of the Service, is strictly prohibited. Warner may take action it deems appropriate in response, including deletion of the Virtual Items or termination or suspension of any Account involved. You acknowledge and agree that Warner will have no liability for the use or loss of Virtual Items for any reason, including due to any unauthorized third-party activity, such as hacking, phishing, password mining, social engineering, or any other unauthorized activity. Warner may replace such lost Virtual Items under certain circumstances, in our sole discretion and on a case-by-case basis, without incurring any obligation or liability. If Warner revokes your license to Virtual Items, Warner will not have any liability to you for any time or money spent by you on Virtual Items, any Virtual Items associated with your Account, or for any other reason whatsoever.
From time to time, certain aspects of the Service may invite or otherwise allow you to submit or post a variety of content to the Service, such as text (including comments and reviews), images, videos, music, and other information, either directly to the Service or through a Third Party Service (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content remains your own, unless as otherwise may be provided in Additional Terms. Please be aware, however, that User Content is not confidential and may be accessible by other users and the public. Moreover, by submitting or posting User Content to the Service (either directly or through a Third Party Service) you grant Warner a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sublicensable, assignable, unrestricted, worldwide license to use the User Content, together with all consents or waivers including a publicity rights waiver and a waiver of moral rights (if any) in favor of Warner necessary to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transmit, communicate to the public, modify and make derivative works of the User Content, by any means and in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity, and to advertise and promote such use, without further notice to, or permission from, you or any other person, and without compensation or reference to you or any other person.
Please retain copies of all User Content as Warner is under no obligation to store or return any User Content to you. Your submission of User Content will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality, attribution, or otherwise. You are solely responsible for your User Content. Warner only acts as a passive conduit for User Content, and will not be liable for any use, disclosure, or exposure of any User Content, including possibly objectionable or offensive User Content, to you, any other user, or any third party. Warner is under no obligation to monitor User Content or use of the Service. However, Warner has the right to monitor or moderate User Content, in our sole discretion, and to enforce our or a third party’s intellectual property rights in any User Content. Warner reserves the right to discard or remove User Content from the Service in its sole discretion and without any liability whatsoever.
You represent and warrant the following as to your User Content:
- You have obtained the written consent of every identifiable individual featured in your User Content (or, in the case of minors, consent of the minor’s parent or guardian) to use that person’s name, voice, and/or likeness (as applicable) in connection with the Service and pursuant to these Terms.
- Your User Content does not infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trade secrets, or trademarks.
- Your User Content, as used in connection with the Service, will not violate any applicable laws or regulations or infringe or violate any rights of a third party, including third-party publicity or privacy rights.
- Warner may exercise the rights to your User Content granted herein without any liability, including for payment of royalties, residuals, guild fees, or the like, to you or any third party.
Code of Conduct
You agree that you will not use the Service to upload, post, or otherwise distribute any User Content that:
- constitutes or promotes illegal activity;
- is infringing, libelous, defamatory, abusing, harassing, or threatening;
- contains any obscene, pornographic, racist, or otherwise offensive material;
- exploits or harms children, directly or indirectly, including by exposing them to inappropriate material or asking them for any personal information;
- promotes any commercial activity, including promoting goods or services or soliciting donations, except as may be specifically authorized by applicable Additional Terms;
- is subject to confidentiality or non-disclosure obligations;
- includes any visible logos or trademarks that belong to third parties;
- disguises its source or origin, or misrepresent its author, by modifying metadata or other identifiers; or
- links to any third-party sites or services that would violate the standards contained in this list.
- attempt to interfere with the operation of the Service in any way;
- copy, reproduce, distribute, transfer, sell, license, publish, enter into a database, display, perform publicly, modify, create derivative works of, upload, edit, post, link to, frame, transmit, rent, lease, lend or sublicense, scrape, crawl, or in any way exploit any part of the Service (except: (a) as authorized herein; or (b) in the case of public search engines, which are granted a revocable right to crawl publicly accessible portions of the Service in compliance with instructions posted on applicable “robots.txt” files and without circumventing any technical barriers, for the sole purpose of creating public searchable indexes, but not caches or archives);
- use any viruses, worms, bug exploits, or similar data-gathering and extraction tools on the Service, or frame any portion of the Service, or attempt to tamper, hack, corrupt, or impair the administration or security of the Service;
- assign, sublicense, pledge or transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement to any person or entity without Warner’s prior written consent which may be withheld in Warner’s sole discretion (and any such purported assignment, pledge, or transfer without such prior written consent will be null and void);
- use any tools designed to compromise security or digital rights management technology (including password guessing programs, cracking tools, or network probing tools) in connection with the Service;
- use the Service for any commercial purposes, including sending “spam” or any malicious or disruptive communications;
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the code used in any Apps, other software, or digital rights management feature on the Service into a readable form in order to examine the construction of such software or to copy or create other products based (in whole or in part) on such software or any feature of the Service or piece of Content available on the Service; or
- intercept, record, or modify network communications transmitted between any Apps, software, or digital rights management features and Warner’s networks or systems.
In using the Service you also agree not to:
Unsolicited Submissions and Feedback
Please be aware that Warner does not accept unsolicited submissions of concepts, creative ideas, suggestions, stories, scripts, or other potential creative content (“Unsolicited Submissions”). This is to avoid the possibility of future misunderstanding when projects developed by Warner staff or representatives might seem to others to be similar to their submitted concepts, creative ideas, suggestions, stories, scripts, or other potential creative content. Therefore, please do not send Warner any Unsolicited Submissions. In the event you do send us an Unsolicited Submission, you understand and agree that your Unsolicited Submission does not create any fiduciary relationship between you and Warner and that we are under no obligation to refrain from using the Unsolicited Submission (in whole or in part), to keep it confidential, or to compensate you for our use of it.
Warner makes no representation that every aspect of the Service is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. When you choose to access and use the Service, you agree that:
- you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk;
- you will not use the Service if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States;
- you are responsible for complying with local laws and regulations, if and to the extent local laws and regulations are applicable; and
- you specifically agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside.
If there is a conflict between any of the terms herein and your rights in your place of residence, your rights under applicable law will control as to those specific terms.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS” AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WARNER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WARNER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WARNER DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY WEBSITE, APP, PLATFORM, OR SERVICE LINKED TO THE SERVICE, WHETHER IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, VALIDITY, PROPRIETY, RELIABILITY, LEGALITY, SECURITY, OR OTHERWISE. WARNER MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY WEBSITE, APP, OR SERVICE LINKED TO FROM THE SERVICE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS; AND WARNER ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH SERVICES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE, APP, PLATFORM OR SERVICE LINKED TO THE SERVICE. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO APPLY TO YOU, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation of Liability and Time Limitation for Claims
WARNER DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL WARNER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR THESE TERMS EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT (IF ANY) PAID BY YOU TO WARNER IN THE SIX MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR $100. THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO ALL ACTIONS, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF WARNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Warner and its directors, officers, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, agents, and licensors (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorney fees and costs, resulting from: (i) your breach of any of the representations, warranties, and agreements made hereunder; (ii) your use of the Service; (iii) your placement or transmission of any User Content onto the Service; (iv) any use of your Account in violation of this Agreement or your failure to fulfill any obligations incurred through the use of your Account by you or a third party; or (v) your willful misconduct.
We endeavor to resolve customer concerns quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction. Please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the unlikely event that you're not satisfied with customer service's solution, and you and Warner are unable to resolve a dispute through the Informal Dispute Resolution Procedures below, we each agree to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration or small claims court instead of in courts of general jurisdiction.
Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Unless expressly limited by this Dispute Resolution provision, arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. In arbitration you may be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees from us to the same extent as you would be in court.
(1) Claims Subject to Arbitration: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Warner and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us, except for claims arising from bodily injury or that pertain to enforcing, protecting, or the validity of your or our intellectual property rights (or the intellectual property rights of any of our licensors, affiliates and partners). This Arbitration Agreement is intended to be broadly interpreted. It includes, but is not limited to:
• claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, fraud, misrepresentation or any other statutory or common-law legal theory;
• claims that arose before this or any prior Agreement (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
• claims for mental or emotional distress or injury not arising out of physical bodily injury;
• claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class; and
• claims that may arise after the termination of this Agreement.
References to “Warner,” “you,” “we” and “us” in this Arbitration Agreement include our respective predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as our respective past, present, and future parents, subsidiaries and affiliates (including Warner Bros. Discovery, Inc. and its affiliates); those entities and our respective agents, employees, licensees, licensors, and providers of content as of the time your or our claim arises; and all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of Services under this or prior Agreements between us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may elect to have claims heard in small claims court seeking only individualized relief, so long as the action is not removed or appealed to a court of general jurisdiction. This Arbitration Agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. You agree that, by entering into this Agreement, you and we are each waiving the right to participate in a class action and to a trial by jury to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. This Agreement evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16) governs the interpretation and enforcement of this arbitration provision. This Arbitration Agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement.
(2) Mandatory Pre-Arbitration Notice and Informal Dispute Resolution Procedures: You and we agree that good-faith, informal efforts to resolve disputes often can result in a prompt, cost-effective and mutually beneficial outcome. Therefore, a party who intends to initiate arbitration or file a claim in small claims court must first send to the other a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). A Notice from you to Warner must be emailed to email@example.com (“Notice Address”). Any Notice must include (i) the claimant’s name, address, and email address; (ii) a description of the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; (iii) if you are submitting the Notice, any relevant facts regarding your use of the Service, including the name of the relevant Service (e.g., the Web site, App, or other Service at issue), whether you have created an account with or receive any emails associated with the Service; (iv) a description of the nature and basis of the specific relief sought, including the damages sought, if any, and a detailed calculation for them; and (v) a personally signed statement from the claimant (and not their counsel) verifying the accuracy of the contents of the Notice. The Notice must be individualized, meaning it can concern only your dispute and no other person’s dispute.
After receipt of a completed Notice, the parties shall engage in a good faith effort to resolve the dispute for a period of 60 days (which can be extended by agreement). You and we agree that, after receipt of the completed Notice, the recipient may request an individualized telephone or video settlement conference (which can be held after the 60-day period) and both parties will personally attend (with counsel, if represented). You and we agree that the parties (and counsel, if represented) shall work cooperatively to schedule the conference at the earliest mutually-convenient time and to seek to reach a resolution. If we and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the issues identified in the Notice within 60 days after the completed Notice is received (or a longer time if agreed to by the parties), you or we may commence an arbitration proceeding or a small claims court proceeding (if permitted by small claims court rules).
Compliance with this Mandatory Pre-Arbitration Notice and Informal Dispute Resolution Procedures section is a condition precedent to initiating arbitration. Any applicable limitations period (including statute of limitations) and any filing fee deadlines shall be tolled while the parties engage in the informal dispute resolution procedures set forth in this Subsection 16.2. All of the Mandatory Pre-Arbitration Notice and Informal Dispute Resolution Procedures are essential so that you and Warner have a meaningful opportunity to resolve disputes informally. If any aspect of these requirements has not been met, a court of competent jurisdiction may enjoin the filing or prosecution of an arbitration. In addition, unless prohibited by law, the arbitration administrator may not accept, administer, assess, or demand fees in connection with an arbitration that has been initiated without completion of the Mandatory Pre-Arbitration Notice and Informal Dispute Resolution Procedures. If the arbitration is already pending, it shall be administratively closed. Nothing in this paragraph limits the right of a party to seek damages for non-compliance with these Procedures in arbitration.
(3) Arbitration Procedure: The arbitration will be governed by applicable rules of National Arbitration & Mediation (“NAM”) (including the Comprehensive Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures and/or the Supplemental Rules for Mass Arbitration Filings, as applicable) (“NAM Rules”)), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement, and will be administered by NAM. (If NAM is unavailable or unwilling to do so, another arbitration provider shall be selected by the parties that will do so, or if the parties are unable to agree on an alternative administrator, by the court pursuant to 9 U.S.C. §5.) The NAM Rules are available online at www.NAMADR.org, by calling NAM at 1-800-358-2550, or by requesting them in writing at the Notice Address. You may obtain a form to initiate arbitration at: https://www.namadr.com/content/uploads/2020/09/Comprehensive-Demand-for-Arb-revised-9.18.19.pdf or by contacting NAM.
You and we agree that the party initiating arbitration must submit a certification that they have complied with and completed the Mandatory Pre-Arbitration Notice and Informal Dispute Resolution Procedures requirements referenced in Section 16.2 and that they are a party to the Arbitration Agreement enclosed with or attached to the demand for arbitration. The demand for arbitration and certification must be personally signed by the party initiating arbitration (and their counsel, if represented).
All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except as otherwise expressly provided herein and except as to issues relating to the scope and enforceability of the Arbitration Agreement or whether a dispute can or must be brought in arbitration (including whether a dispute is subject to this Arbitration Agreement or a previous arbitration provision between you and Warner), which are for a court of competent jurisdiction to decide. The arbitrator may consider but shall not be bound by rulings in other arbitrations involving different customers.
Unless we and you agree otherwise, or the applicable NAM Rules dictate otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of your billing address and you and a Warner representative will be required to attend in person. At the conclusion of the arbitration proceeding, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based. The arbitrator’s decision is binding only between you and Warner and will not have any preclusive effect in another arbitration or proceeding that involves a different party. An arbitrator’s award that has been fully satisfied shall not be entered in any court.
As in court, you and Warner agree that any counsel representing a party in arbitration certifies when initiating and proceeding in arbitration that they are complying with the requirements of Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b), including certification that the claim or relief sought is neither frivolous nor brought for an improper purpose. The arbitrator is authorized to impose any sanctions under the NAM Rules, Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11, or applicable federal or state law, against all appropriate represented parties and counsel.
Except as expressly provided in the Arbitration Agreement, the arbitrator may grant any remedy, relief, or outcome that the parties could have received in court, including awards of attorneys’ fees and costs, in accordance with applicable law. Unless otherwise provided by applicable law, the parties shall bear their own attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator awards sanctions or finds that either the substance of the claim, the defense, or the relief sought is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)).
(4) Arbitration Fees: The payment of arbitration fees (the fees imposed by the arbitration administrator including filing, arbitrator, and hearing fees) will be governed by the applicable NAM Rules, unless you qualify for a fee waiver under applicable law. If after exhausting any potentially available fee waivers, the arbitrator finds that the arbitration fees will be prohibitive for you as compared to litigation, we will pay as much of your filing, arbitrator, and hearing fees in the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive, regardless of the outcome of the arbitration, unless the arbitrator determines that your claim(s) were frivolous or brought for an improper purpose or asserted in bad faith. You and we agree that arbitration should be cost-effective for all parties and that any party may engage with NAM to address the reduction or deferral of fees.
(5) Confidentiality: Upon either party’s request, the arbitrator will issue an order requiring that confidential information of either party disclosed during the arbitration (whether in documents or orally) may not be used or disclosed except in connection with the arbitration or a proceeding to enforce the arbitration award and that any permitted court filing of confidential information must be done under seal to the furthest extent permitted by law.
(6) Offer of Settlement: In any arbitration between you and Warner, the defending party may, but is not obligated to, make a written settlement offer at any time before the evidentiary hearing or, if a dispositive motion is permitted, prior to the dispositive motion being granted. The amount or terms of any settlement offer may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator issues an award on the claim. If the award is issued in the other party’s favor and is less than the defending party’s settlement offer or if the award is in the defending party’s favor, the other party must pay the defending party’s costs incurred after the offer was made, including any attorney’s fees. If any applicable statute or case law prohibits the shifting of costs incurred in the arbitration, then the offer in this provision shall serve to cease the accumulation of any costs to which the party bringing the claim may be entitled for the cause of action under which it is suing.
(7) Requirement of Individualized Relief: The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR OUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and we agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, class, or private attorney general proceeding. If, after exhaustion of all appeals, any of these prohibitions on non-individualized declaratory or injunctive relief; class, representative, and private attorney general claims; and consolidation are found to be unenforceable with respect to a particular claim or with respect to a particular request for relief (such as a request for injunctive relief sought with respect to a particular claim), then the parties agree such a claim or request for relief shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction, after all other arbitrable claims and requests for relief are arbitrated. You agree that any arbitrations between you and Warner will be subject to this Section 16 and not to any prior arbitration agreement you had with Warner, and, notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, you agree that this Section 16 amends any prior arbitration agreement you had with Warner, including with respect to claims that arose before this or any prior arbitration agreement.
(8) Opt Out of Future Changes: Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary, if Warner makes any future change to this Arbitration Agreement (other than a change to the Notice Address), you may reject any such change by sending Warner an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the posting of the amended arbitration agreement that provides: (i) your full legal name, (ii) your complete mailing address, (iii) your phone number, (iv) if applicable, the username or email address associated with any potential account or newsletter; and (v) the approximate date of your initial use of the relevant Service. Such an opt-out email must be sent by you personally, and not by your agent, attorney, or anyone else purporting to act on your behalf. It must include a statement, personally signed by you, that you wish to reject the change to the Arbitration Agreement. This is not an opt out of arbitration altogether.
(9) Mass Filing:
If, at any time, 25 or more claimants (including you) submit Notices or seek to file demands for arbitration raising similar claims against the other party or related parties by the same or coordinated counsel or entities, consistent with the definition and criteria of Mass Filings (“Mass Filing”) set forth in NAM’s Mass Filing Supplemental Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures (“NAM’s Mass Filing Rules,” available at https://www.namadr.com/resources/rules-fees-forms/), you and we agree that the additional procedures set forth below shall apply. The parties agree that throughout this process, their counsel shall meet and confer to discuss modifications to these procedures based on the particular needs of the Mass Filing. The parties acknowledge and agree that by electing to participate in a Mass Filing, the adjudication of their dispute might be delayed. Any applicable limitations period (including statute of limitations) and any filing fee deadlines shall be tolled beginning when the Mandatory Pre-Arbitration Notice and Informal Dispute Resolution Procedures are initiated, so long as the pre-arbitration Notice complies with the requirements in Section 16.2, until your claim is selected to proceed as part of a staged process or is settled, withdrawn, otherwise resolved, or opted out of arbitration.
Stage One: Counsel for the claimants and counsel for Warner shall each select 25 claims per side (50 claims total) to be filed and to proceed in individual arbitrations as part of a staged process. Each of these individual arbitrations shall be assigned to a different, single arbitrator unless the parties agree otherwise in writing. Any remaining claims shall not be filed or be deemed filed in arbitration, nor shall any arbitration fees be assessed in connection with those claims unless and until they are selected to be filed in individual arbitration proceedings as part of a staged process. After this initial set of staged proceedings is completed, the parties shall promptly engage in a global mediation session of all remaining claims with a retired federal or state court judge, and Warner shall pay the mediator’s fee.
Stage Two: If the remaining claims are not resolved at this time, counsel for the claimants and counsel for Warner shall each select 50 claims per side (100 claims total) to be filed and to proceed in individual arbitrations as part of a second staged process, subject to any procedural changes the parties agreed to in writing. Each of these individual arbitrations shall be assigned to a different, single arbitrator unless the parties agree otherwise in writing. Any remaining claims shall not be filed or be deemed filed in arbitration, nor shall any arbitration fees be assessed in connection with those claims unless and until they are selected to be filed in individual arbitration proceedings as part of a staged process. After this second set of staged proceedings is completed, the parties shall promptly engage in a global mediation session of all remaining claims with a retired federal or state court judge, and Warner shall pay the mediator’s fee.
Stage Three: If the remaining claims are not resolved at this time, counsel for the claimants and counsel for Warner shall each select 100 claims per side (200 claims total) to be filed and to proceed in individual arbitrations as part of a third staged process, subject to any procedural changes the parties agreed to in writing. Any remaining claims shall not be filed or be deemed filed in arbitration, nor shall any arbitration fees be assessed in connection with those claims unless and until they are selected to be filed in individual arbitration proceedings as part of a staged process. Following this third set of staged proceedings, counsel for claimants may elect to have the parties participate in a global mediation session of all remaining claims with a retired federal or state court judge.
If your claim is not resolved as part of the staged process identified above, either:
Option One: You and Warner may separately or by agreement, opt out of arbitration and elect to have your claim heard in court consistent with the Agreement. You may opt out of arbitration by providing your individual, personally signed notice of your intention to opt out by sending Warner an email to email@example.com. Such an opt-out email must be sent by you personally, and not by your agent, attorney, or anyone else purporting to act on your behalf. It must include a statement, personally signed by you, that you wish to opt out of arbitration within 30 days after the conclusion of Stage 3 or the elective mediation associated with Stage 3. Warner may opt your claim out of arbitration by sending an individual, personally signed notice of its intention to opt out to your counsel within 14 days after the expiration of your 30 day opt out period. Counsel for the parties may agree to adjust these deadlines.
Option Two: If neither you nor Warner elect to have your claim heard in court consistent with Option One, then you agree that your claim will be resolved as part of continuing, staged individual arbitration proceedings as set forth below. Assuming the number of remaining claims exceeds 200, then 200 claims shall be randomly selected (or selected through a process agreed to by counsel for the parties) to be filed and to proceed in individual arbitrations as part of a staged process. If the number of remaining claims is fewer than 200, then all of those claims shall be filed and proceed in individual arbitrations. Any remaining claims shall not be filed or be deemed filed in arbitration, nor shall any arbitration fees be assessed in connection with those claims unless and until they are selected to be filed in individual arbitration proceedings as part of a staged process. After each set of 200 claims are adjudicated, settled, withdrawn, or otherwise resolved, this process shall repeat consistent with these parameters. Counsel for the parties are encouraged to meet and confer, participate in mediation, and engage with each other and with NAM (including through a Procedural Arbitrator) to explore ways to streamline the adjudication of claims, increase the number of claims to proceed at any given time, promote efficiencies, conserve resources, and resolve the remaining claims.
A court of competent jurisdiction shall have the authority to enforce these Mass Filing provisions and, if necessary, to enjoin the mass filing, prosecution, or administration of arbitrations and the assessment of arbitration fees. If these additional procedures apply to your claim, and a court of competent jurisdiction determines that they are not enforceable as to your claim, then your claim shall proceed in a court of competent jurisdiction consistent with this Agreement.
You and Warner agree that we each value the integrity and efficiency of arbitration and wish to employ the process for the fair resolution of genuine and sincere disputes between us. You and Warner acknowledge and agree to act in good faith to ensure the processes set forth herein are followed. The parties further agree that application of these Mass Filing procedures have been reasonably designed to result in an efficient and fair adjudication of such cases.
(10) Severability: If any portion of this Arbitration Agreement is found to be void, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable, then that portion shall be deemed to be severable and, if possible, superseded by a valid, enforceable provision, or portion thereof, that matches the intent of the original provision, or portion thereof, as closely as possible. The remainder of this Arbitration Agreement shall continue to be enforceable and valid according to the terms contained herein.
Class Action and Jury Trial Waiver
You and Warner agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, each party may bring claims (whether in court or in arbitration) against the other only in an individual capacity, and not participate as a plaintiff, claimant, or class member in any class, collective, consolidated, private attorney general, or representative proceeding. This means that you and Warner may not bring a claim on behalf of a class or group and may not bring a claim on behalf of any other person unless doing so as a parent, guardian, or ward of a minor or in another similar capacity for an individual who cannot otherwise bring their own individual claim. This also means that you and Warner may not participate in any class, collective, consolidated, private attorney general, or representative proceeding brought by any third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you or Warner may participate in a class-wide settlement.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you and Warner waive any right to a jury trial.
Governing Law and Venue
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any dispute that is not subject to arbitration under Section 16 (Dispute Resolution) of the Agreement, or any issues involving arbitrability or enforcement of any provisions under Section 16 shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court located in New York County, New York; and we and you each irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state or federal courts in New York County, New York for the adjudication of all non-arbitral claims.
Warner will not have any liability to you by reason of any delay or failure to perform any obligation hereunder if the delay or failure to perform is occasioned by force majeure, which refers to any act of God, storm, fire, casualty, unanticipated work stoppage, power outage, satellite failure, strike, lockout, labor dispute, civil disturbance, riot, war, national emergency, Governmental action, or other cause beyond its control.
No failure or delay by Warner in exercising its rights under this Agreement will constitute a waiver of those rights, nor will any partial assertion of any such rights preclude further assertion of the same.
Except as specified in Section 16 (Dispute Resolution), if any portion of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that portion shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions or portions thereof.
The titles of the sections of this Agreement are for convenience of reference only and are not to be considered in construing this Agreement. Unless the context of this Agreement clearly requires otherwise:(a) references to the plural include the singular, the singular the plural, and the part the whole; (b) “or” has the inclusive meaning frequently identified with the phrase “and/or;” (c) ”including” has the inclusive meaning frequently identified with the phrase “including but not limited to” or “including without limitation;” and (e) references to “hereunder,” “herein,” or “hereof” relate to this Agreement as a whole. Any reference in this Agreement to any statute, rule, regulation, or agreement, including this Agreement, will be deemed to include such statute, rule, regulation, or agreement as it may be modified, varied, amended, or supplemented from time to time.
Any provision herein which by its nature contemplates your continued observance following termination of this Agreement will survive termination of this Agreement.
This Agreement, including any applicable Additional Terms, is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the matters contained herein.
If you believe that any User Content or other material on the Service infringes your copyright rights, please forward the following information in writing to our Copyright Agent at the address listed below, in conformance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”):
- Your name, address, telephone number, and (if available) email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- The exact URL or a description of each place where alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use has not been authorized by you, your agent, or the law;
- Your electronic or physical signature or the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf; and
- A statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The above information must be submitted to Warner’s Copyright Agent at the following address:
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Attention: Copyright Agent
4000 Warner Boulevard
Burbank, CA 91522
Tel: (818) 977-0018
Fax: (818) 977-7929
If we are notified that any User Content infringes another’s intellectual property rights, we may remove such User Content pursuant to the DMCA. In accordance with the DMCA, we have a repeat infringer policy and reserve the right to terminate your Account for submitting infringing User Content in violation of these Terms once or on a repeated basis.
We strive to make the content on this website usable by all visitors, including those with disabilities. If you are having difficulty using this website, with or without assistive technology, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your difficulty using the website, the specific web address (URL link) at issue, and your full contact information, including email address and phone number. Thank you for helping us make your online experience more enjoyable.
You may contact us at the addresses specified herein for specific requests, or contact Customer Service with general inquiries. Please do not send us any Unsolicited Submissions.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY ALL OF THE FOREGOING TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.